Conqueror's Blade Get's Spooky With Halloween Event - Full Patch Notes
If you've tuned into our Twitch streams you've likely seen quite a bit of Conqueror's Blade. This month this free-2-play siege simulator is launching it's annual Halloween event filled with spooktacular skins for heroes, units, and mounts. Players can unlock a wide range of exclusive Halloween prizes by completing in the Halloween event. But that's not all! There is a massive amount of balance updates and bug fixes coming to the game as well. Check out these massive patch notes.
FULL PATCH NOTES:
- Activated the in-game Halloween event. This event is accessible via the match-making interface.
- Added Jack-O-Lanterns to Augolia (Ostaria), Anliang (Maoyang), Daicheng (Liangyun), Turul Város (Ungverijia).
- Added Halloween-themed Hero Attire, Horse Attire and Unit Attire to the in-game store.
- Janissary Unit Attire has been added to the game. Founders Pack owners can now head to their website Storage and send their attire to the game.
- Added a Pumpkin Head to the gold shop, limited to 1 purchase per character. This item is temporary use and will only last for 2 weeks.
- The winners of the Warlord League, WereRabbits have chosen to name the fort "Schaken" to "Rabbit Burrow". This change will be reflected in this update and will be present in-game for the next 3 months.
We’ve made adjustments to the following seasonal challenges:
Hero Kill Challenges:
- Defeat 1 bow-wielding hero during one siege battle (originally 2)
- Defeat 1 shortbow-wielding hero during one siege battle (originally 2)
- Defeat 1 musket-wielding hero during one siege battle (originally 2)
- Defeat 1 dual blades-wielding hero during one siege battle (originally 2)
- Defeat 1 melee heroes during one siege battle (originally 3)
- Defeat 1 ranged hero during one siege battle (originally 3)
- Defeat 1 melee heroes during one field battle (originally 3)
- Defeat 1 ranged hero during one field battle (originally 3)
Siege Battle Challenges:
- In siege battle mode use a siege tower to scale the ramparts once (twice originally)
- In siege battle mode use a battering ram to break through a gate once (three times originally)
- In siege battle mode use a siege tower to scale the ramparts twice (three times originally)
- Before: Earn 1 “oh No you Don’t” badge in siege/field battles
- After?Earn 3 “Shatter the Ranks” badges in siege/field battles
- Before: Earn 1 “Say Cheese” badge in siege/field battles
- After: Earn 2 “Hat-Trick” badges in siege/field battles
- Before: Earn 1 “Echoes of Achelous” badge in siege/field battles
- After: Earn 2 “A Deadly Century” badges in siege/field battles
- Before: Earn 1 “Spiking the Guns” badge in Expeditions
- After: Earn 1 “Cakewalk” badge in Expeditions (inflict 300,000 damage without being killed)
- Before: Earn 1 “Bloodbath” badge in Expeditions
- After: Kill 150 enemies in Expeditions
The purchase limit for the Scroll of Rare Glory has been adjusted from a daily limit of 5 pieces to a weekly limit of 35 pieces.
- In 1 battle of Expedition I, achieve A rating or better (previously A+)
- In 1 battle of Expedition II, achieve A rating or better (previously A+)
- In 2 battles of Expedition II, achieve A rating or better (previously A+)
- In 3 battles of Expedition II, achieve A rating or better (previously A+)
- In 2 free battles, achieve B+ rating or better (previously A)
- In 1 AI battle, earn A rating (previously S)
For the Expedition Challenges, warlords who have already completed these challenges will receive the Seasonal experience rewards by mail soon.
After reviewing and checking trading data, we have found that the guidance price of some hero forging and schematic items were lower than the expected market price. We’ve raised the guidance price for the following items as a result:
- Powdered Silver
- Steel Shavings
- Special Helmet Schematics
- Special Chest Armour Schematics
- Special Glove Schematics
- Special Boots Schematics
You can check the adjusted guidance price in the auction house.
Inventory and Personal Storage:
Items of the same type will now automatically stack upon entering your inventory.
After looking at the data of the win/loss ratio on this map, we found that the winning ratio was much higher than expected. We have made the following adjustments to help balance this map:
- Added few covers near the left city wall to slightly narrow the shooting angle of the defenders.
- Added one building at the front of defenders’ right supply point to increase cover against Trebuchets.
- Adjusted the layout of defenders’ right respawn area, added a new path to provide more alternatives.
Augolia Siege Battle:
After looking at the data of the win/loss ratio on this map, we found that the winning ratio was lower than expected. We have made the following adjustments to help balance this map:
- Added an attacking path along the city wall by point D.
We have made adjustments to the Commander system in Territory Wars. The commander system was designed to neutralize the influence of malicious battles. Some players are taking advantage of this feature to declare war on themselves and maliciously kick everyone else out of the battlefield after being assigned as commander. In order to deal with malicious kicking issues, we made the following adjustments:
- Warlords who have participated in the battle and are in the top two-thirds of player rankings cannot be kicked.
- Warlords who have only engaged in the battlefield for 2 minutes or less cannot be kicked.
Some Western cities with narrow gates have found to have defending advantages (Ellbogen, Westberg, Rozdaskaszat, etc.). Due to this, we have adjusted the ladder amount to 3 per set (previously 2) and added one set on the right side for attackers.
Weekly Quest: Fine Campaign Reward:
We have raised the possibility of receiving Treatise from the Fine Campaign rewards which are received from weekly quests.
- Optimized the display of capture progress, now all Warlords engaging in capture can see the progress bar.
- Optimized the display logic of resource sites in the open world and divided them into “collection prohibited” (set by the House) and “collection failed” (resource is exhausted).
- Optimized the display of team stats interface in settlements. Now you can click a blank area to close the pop-up window when checking other player’s personal stats.
We have made the following adjustments to various III skills as some III skills are weaker than level II skills equipped with mastery points.
Shortsword & Shield:
- Shield Bash ?: Increased blunt damage by 5%
- Kick ?: Increased blunt damage by 3%
Longsword & Shield:
- With Valour ?: Increased damage by 3%
- Paladin ?: Increased slashing damage by 5%
- Sally Forth ?: Increased damage by 5%
- Bec de Corbin ?: Increased slashing armour penetration by 5%
- Rough Justice ?: Increased damage by 5%
- Halberdier’s Thrust ?: Increased damage by 3%
- Lugh’s March ?: Increased piercing damage by 3%
- Procris’s Gift ?: Increased piercing armour penetration by 3%
- Return of Jangar ?: Increased damage by 3%
- Heaven’s Fury ?: Increased damage by 5%
- Arc of Steel ?: Increased slashing damage by 3%
- Tiger’s Claw ?: Increased slashing damage by 5%
- Avalanche ?: Increased damage by 5%
- Samurai’s March ?: Increased slashing armour penetration by 5%
- Marked for Death ?: Increased slashing armour penetration by 5%
- Flaming Arrow ?: Increased piercing armour penetration by 3%
- Exploding Arrow ?: Increased piercing armour penetration by 5%
- Wrath of Artemis ?: Increased piercing armour penetration by 5%
Damage loss on ranged heroes’ skills:
After checking feedback, we have found that the damage loss when some ranged heroes are shooting through several enemies was inoperative. We have decided to make the following adjustment: Every time a Warlord shoots through an enemy, damage loss will be reduced by 30%.
These adjustments will have an effect on the following skills:
- Bow: Lightning Bolt
- Shortbow: Steel-tipped Arrow ?
Currently the animation of “repelled” is similar to the animation of “knockdown”, but only repelled can be canceled by rolling, whereas knockdown cannot. Due to this, many warlords try to cancel their knockdown by rolling, which is not possible. To fix this issue and to make it easier for Warlords to distinguish these two statues, we have decided to adjust the animation and increase the displacement distance.
These adjustments will have an effect on the following skills:
- Longsword & Shield: Shield Bash ?
- Poleaxe: Push Back ?
- Spear: Dragon’s Roar
- The “A Hundred Paces” (Each level increases shooting range by 6%) will be replaced by “Mustering” (Each level adds 1 more soldier to the unit).
- Adjusted the maximum shooting range to 87m.
Due to this change, a “Unit Training Plan” reward will be mailed to the Warlords who already unlock the Prefecture Archers, allowing them to reset veterancy points.
- Increased the accuracy of attacking surrounding/nearest units by 25%
- Increased the accuracy of attacking designated area by 20%
- Decreased the shooting gap by 30%
- Optimized the animation when switching ranged weapons to melee weapons
- Increased the efficiency for melee fights:
- Increased the attacking speed of melee attacks.
- Increased the melee attack damage by 20%.
- Decreased the damage loss cap from 30% to 20% for all javelin units
- Decreased the damage loss rate by 0.5% per meter for all javelin units
- Javelin sergeants can shoot through the first enemy then attack one more target.
- Decreased the blunt damage for charge with flails by 30%.
- Increased blunt armour penetration by 15%
- Added the effect of knocking enemy heroes and units into the air.
Due to the relatively long shooting range of this unit, the focused fire skill has some limitations. We are planning to replace this skill with a low cooldown ability which is capable of tracking enemies.
We would like to share some information regarding the design concept for the Winged Hussars and Pikemen brace skills:
Winged Hussars VS Pike Militia
Winged Hussars' charge can't be interrupted when Pike Militia using brace skills in block formation. However, Winged Hussars could easily be wiped out as they will take great damage when they charge into a blocking formation at high speed. This is the characteristic that we designed for Winged Hussars and is what we are intending to present in our game.
Winged Hussars VS Imperial Pike Guards
Winged Hussars' charge can't be stunned or interrupted by any brace skills. However when Imperial Pike Guards advance, they still can knock down, terrify or slow the Winged Hussars.
- Updated the resolution of the explosion visual effect for Musket’s “Liquid Fire”.
- Optimized the sound effect of mount display in market and character interface.
- Optimized the display of attack/defend targets in the bottom right of the open world map.
- Added a highlight effect when hovering over the mouse and the icon showing battle status.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes random epic artillery chest for Warlords whose nobility reaching level 90 had the incorrect items.
- Fixed the incorrect display when clicking the border posts of current region in open world map.
- Fixed a bug where items being transferred to personal storage (when it is full) would disappear.
- Fixed the abnormal countdown display when the resource site is about to refresh less than 1 minute.
- Fixed a bug that the character still maintained their in-game posture after being killed.
- Fixed abnormal battle line display inside the city during territory war.
- Fixed a bug where when matched battles started during recondition, Warlords sometimes lost their materials and equipment.
- Fixed a bug that the house camp remain unchanged when a new liege was appointed.
- Fixed a bug that the camera was unable to move when switching from eagle eye to observer mode.
- Fixed a bug that Warlords in open world couldn’t see the countdown of rebel camps that are under attack.
- Fixed a bug that due to network lag, the stamina couldn’t recover when start to sprint immediately after mounting up.
- Fixed a bug that flaming pitch may be blocked by the city wall when shooting at enemies nearby the city wall in Kurak castle and Valley Fortress.
- Fixed a bug that few soldiers couldn’t follow the order to climb up to the city wall in Sun city.
- Fixed a bug that Warlords couldn’t climb up to the city wall through ladder on the right of front gate in some Western cities such as Ellbogen, Westberg and Rozsdaskaszat, etc.
- Fixed a bug that the ladder on the right of front gate was floating in the air and unusable in some western forts such as Alter Westberg, West Verschollen Kastell and North Tolna, etc.
- Fixed a bug that Dual Blade heroes couldn’t use the “Alchemical Vapours” and “Infiltrator” while blocking.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes heroes could be sent to the wrong location when they were staying in some Western forts.
- Fixed a bug with the Spear warlord where the buff effects of “Lugh’s March”, “Hurricane’s Edge” and “Heaven’s Fury” wouldn’t stack up.
- Fixed a bug where the Musket warlord’s skills: Grenade, Liquid Fire and Deploy Caltrops could easily be interrupted and would then enter cooldown status.
- Fixed a bug with Warlords who were getting stuck in the air or under the city wall when deploying the siege engines.
- Fixed the abnormally intensive anti-cavalry formation of Pike Militia. This unit couldn’t use brace weapons during charging.
- Fixed the stretched model issue of Pike Militia, Javelin Militia, Ironcap Swordsmen and Ironcap Bowriders after their appearance being changed by unit training.
- Fixed a bug when Archer units staying close to the city wall, they could shoot through it.
- Fixed a bug where the “Move as One” of Winged Hussars was inoperative.
- Fixed a bug where the “Rudimentary Medicine” of Javelin Sergeants was inoperative.
- Fixed a bug where the “Reinforced Bows” of Ironcap Archers couldn’t increase the shooting range.
- Fixed a bug where the first two levels of “Marching Drill” of Vanguard Archers were inoperative.
- Fixed a bug where units were unable to enter battle after their status was reduced to 20 or 21.
- Fixed the charge of Dagger-Axe Lancers couldn’t come into effect.
- Fixed a bug with the buff effect for Dual Blade heroes’ where the Skirmisher’s set was inoperative
- Fixed a bug that made the charge of Iron Pagoda unit inoperative when the destination was too far.
- Fixed a bug that the “Move as One” of Winged Hussars was inoperative.
- Fixed a bug that during forming up, the charge of Mounted crossbow cavalry was inoperative and started to cool down.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes the Mounted crossbow cavalry couldn’t shoot after formation had been completed.
- Fixed a bug that “Elementary firearms training”, “Tactical Formations”, “Espirit de Corps” and “Volley Fire Practice” was inoperative for Tercio Arquebusiers.
- Fixed a bug that cavalry may get stuck into the city wall when the siege tower is in position.
- Added a short CD for node upgrades so it couldn’t be interrupted by quick clicks.
About Conqueror's Blade
Produced by Booming Games following 5 years of development, Conqueror’s Blade represents a flagship sandbox PC warfare game that goes across ancient Eastern and Western civilizations. Conqueror’s Blade’s core design is innovativeness which hybrids action and tactic game plays. Player enjoys smooth hero action combat and sophisticated tactic control of corps together. The game perfectly recreates weapons, armors and corps of many civilizations such as European sword knight, and Swiss halberdier. Besides that, the game unprecedentedly ushers in splendid “world sandbox” featuring the most complimented game play in Conqueror’s Blade. In this connection, Players can acquire vast territory. With an aim of mirroring Medieval history, Conqueror’s Blade strives unremittingly to deliver immersive and authentic conqueror’s warfare experience to our players.