Conqueror’s Blade – Gathering and Crafting Unit Kits for New Players
Welcome new Warlords! In this article, I will be giving you a concise guide on crafting Unit Kits. This is applicable for the current season of the game (Season One), but things may change in future updates. Hopefully, after you are done with this guide you will have a firm grasp on where and how to make unit kits along with where to find the required materials.
One thing of note before we dive in, Conqueror’s Blade is a huge game and has undergone a lot of changes over the last year (early release testing). Many tutorials are incomplete and out of date, however, the game actually does provide a very good overview of the gameplay, if you do all of the tutorials. If you are a new player, take the time to do them. They will introduce you to unit control, unit recruiting, basic crafting and hero play. They also provide some decent rewards, including a few Personal History books (attribute reset books) on your way to level sixty. So make use of them to experiment with different stat distributions and weapon types. Don’t worry about making a mistake in the early levels. It is all about learning the game.
After taking the time to do the tutorial (you did, didn’t you?) then you already have an introductory knowledge of units and unit upgrading. Know that every unit needs one unit kit per soldier. What isn’t obvious is that you are not restricted to your region’s units. Region only restricts which kits you can make. In western regions, you can only make western kits, in eastern regions you can only make eastern kits, and in the borderlands, you can make kits from both regions. However, any kit that you cannot make at your camp can be purchased with bronze when you recruit or heal the unit.
Advanced kits are also available with silver in the Independent Cities from the Weapons Smuggler. Each Independent City has a different set of kits.
If you are going to craft kits, then you need to know where to get the resources. Like weapons and armor, resources are categorized into different levels of quality. There are Common, Uncommon, Rare and Epic resource nodes.
|Cotton||Rough Cotton||Coarse Cotton||Long Cotton||Fine Cotton|
|Hides||Pigskin||Sheepskin||Goat Hide||Cow Hide|
|Iron Ore||Siderite Ore||Magnetite||Limonite||Haematite|
|Timber||Pine Timber||Ash Timber||Oak Timber||Cedar Timber|
Each grade of resources has a chance to drop exotics that are required for building kits. These exotics are used to refine raw resources in materials at the Refinery Overseer.
Green Materials can be refined in any city and require no exotics. Blue materials can be refined in level 4 fiefs and require Uncommon exotics (of the first category). Rare materials can be refined in level 5 fiefs and require Rare, Epic exotics and Uncommon (exotics of the second category).
Exotics are not classified by the game very well. There are two categories of uncommon exotics.
The first category of uncommon materials is used to craft blue materials that are used in making silver age kits.
- Flax is gathered from cotton resources nodes. This is used to craft Cheap Fabric.
- Calamine is gathered from copper resource nodes. This is used to craft Cast Iron.
- Tin is gathered from iron resource nodes. This is used to craft Improved Copper.
- Shellac is gathered from timber resource nodes. This is used to craft Treated Leather.
The second category of uncommon exotics is used in crafting epic materials that are used in making heroic and golden age kits (depending on the type).
- Hemp is gathered from cotton resource nodes. This is used to craft Quality Fabric (eastern heroic and golden age kits).
- Furs are gathered from tanneries. This is used to craft Fine Fabric (heroic kits)
- Black Manganese is gathered from iron mines. This is used to craft Wrought Iron (eastern heroic and golden age kits).
- Coal is gathered from quarries. This is used to craft Pure Iron (heroic kits)
- Charcoal is gathered from logging camps. This is used to craft Refined Copper (western heroic and golden age kits).
- Alum is gathered from copper mines. This is used to craft Pure Copper (heroic kits).
- Sinews are gathered from tanneries. They are used to craft Finished Leather (western heroic and golden age kits).
- Nitre is gathered from quarries. This is used to craft boiled leather (heroic kits).
You also have rare and epic quality exotic materials. Rare materials are regional exotics and are used to craft heroic age and golden age kits. They will be found in the same region their materials and kits can be made (noted as eastern or western above). Rare materials required to craft western kits will be found in the west (Ostaria and Ungverija and rare materials required to craft eastern kits will be found in the east (Maoyang and Liangyun).
- Cloud Cotton is gathered from rare and epic level cotton nodes in the Liangyun region (South East of the map). It is used to craft Quality Fabric (eastern heroic and golden age kits)
- Tungsten is gathered from rare and epic level iron mines in Maoyang (North East of the map). It is used to craft Wrought Iron (eastern heroic and golden age kits).
- Minium is gathered from rare and epic level copper mines in Ostaria (North West of the map). It is used to craft Refined Copper (western heroic and golden age kits).
- Bison Hide is gathered from rare and epic level tanneries in Ungverija (South West of the map). It is used to craft Finished Leather (western heroic and golden age kits).
- Yew is gathered from any rare and epic level logging camp in Ostaria or Ungverija (the west of the map). It is used to craft Composite Wood. Composite Wood can only be made in the west (Ostaria or Ungverija) and is only used for making Spear Sergeant kits.
- Larch is gathered from any rare and epic level logging camp in Maoyang or Liangyun (the east of the map). It is used to craft Varnished Wood. Varnished Wood can only be made in the east (Maoyang or Liangyun) and is only used for making Imperial Javelineer’s kits.
Epic quality exotic materials are only found in the Borderlands (the middle region of the map) and are used to craft heroic and golden age kits. Just like the rare regional materials, these materials will drop from any rare or epic level node.
- Mountain Cotton is gathered from rare and epic level cotton nodes in the Borderlands. It is used to craft Fine Fabric.
- Mountain Bauxite is gathered from rare and epic level iron nodes in the Borderlands. It is used to craft Pure Iron.
- Mountain Phosphorous is gathered from rare and epic level copper mines in the Borderlands. It is used to craft Pure Copper.
- Mountain Wolf Fur is gathered from rare and epic level tanneries in the Borderlands. It is used to craft Boiled Leather.
Once all of your materials are gathered you will need to craft the unit kits at the Unit Weaponsmith. Silver Age unit kits are created using Rare Materials at any level 4 fief or higher. Heroic Age unit kits are created using epic materials at any level 5 fief or higher. You will need to be in a level 6 fief in order to create Golden Age unit kits. Fortunately, all Independent Cities are level 6, meaning even if your house does not own a fief you can still craft end-game unit kits. All unit kits are restricted by region. Western unit kits can only be crafted in the west and eastern unit kits in the east or the Borderlands for either.
To TLDR crafting in Conqueror’s Blade, do not throw any exotics away. You will use them all to build kits. You can build your regional silver age kits by gathering rare and epic resources in your region (West or East). If you want to build heroic kits then you will need to expand your gathering activities to the borderlands. If you want to build golden age kits then you will need to gather all over the map. With a tangled mess of exotic materials and regional requirements needed to build kits, it can seem overwhelming as a new player. I hope this guide has helped.
About the Author
Meagh is a lifetime gamer with a great interest in all things geek. He has been gaming with the Relic Gaming Group since 2009 and became affiliated with Gaiscioch in 2014 when Relic joined the Tuatha Gaming Community. Currently he spends his gaming Conqueror's Blade Online and exploring ESO with the occasional foray into various other PC titles.
About Conqueror's Blade
Command your armies to secure dominion over a vast open world in Conqueror’s Blade, an all-new, free-to-play tactical action MMO. Use devastating siege weapons to attack enemy castles in large-scale PvP battles, send forth your units to secure land and power, and forge or forsake alliances with rival warlords as you attempt to become history's greatest conqueror!